By Marc Van De Mieroop
- Integrates the main updated learn, and features a richer number of supplementary materials
- Addresses the wide range of political, social, and cultural advancements within the historical close to East
- Updated positive factors contain new “Key Debate” bins on the finish of every bankruptcy to interact scholars with a variety of views on a number serious concerns; a accomplished timeline of occasions; and forty six new illustrations, together with 12 colour photos
- Features a brand new bankruptcy addressing governance and continuity within the zone in the course of the Persian Empire
- Offers in-depth, available discussions of key texts and resources, together with the Bible and the Epic of Gilgamesh
Read Online or Download A History of the Ancient Near East, ca. 3000-323 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World) PDF
Similar ancient history books
Established upon a sequence of exact case experiences of institutions corresponding to early synagogues and church buildings, philosophical faculties and pagan secret cults, this assortment addresses the query of what can legitimately be termed a 'voluntary association'. using glossy sociological strategies, the essays exhibit how a few of the institutions have been constituted, the level in their club, why humans joined them and what they contributed to the social cloth of city lifestyles.
Epigraphic facts is an obtainable advisor to the dependable use of Greek and Latin inscriptions as resources for old background. It introduces the kinds of historic details provided through inscriptional texts and the equipment with which they are often used. It outlines the restrictions in addition to the benefits of the different sorts of facts coated.
The fragmentary proof permits us in simple terms tantalising glimpses of the delicate and intricate society of the traditional Egyptians, however the Greek historian Herodotus believed that the Egyptians had 'reversed the normal practices of mankind' in treating their ladies greater than any of the opposite civilizations of the traditional world .
A. J. Woodman's translation combines accuracy and Tacitean invention, masterfully conveying Tacitus' exact and robust demeanour of expression, and reflecting the easiest of present scholarship. An introductory essay discusses Tacitus' occupation, the interval approximately which he wrote, the character of ancient writing within the Roman international, and the foundations of translation that have formed this rendering.
- Kleopatra VII - Herrscherin zwischen zwei Welten: Herrschaftsethos und Machtpolitik der Ptolemäerkönigin (German Edition)
- The Fall of the Roman Republic (Lancaster Pamphlets)
- Late Roman Army (Archaeology of the Roman Empire S)
- Early Christian Thought and the Classical Tradition: Studies in Justin, Clement and Origen (Academic Paperback)
- L'Egypte ancienne Poche Pour les Nuls, nelle éd. (POCHE NULS) (French Edition)
Additional resources for A History of the Ancient Near East, ca. 3000-323 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World)
A History of the Ancient Near East, ca. 3000-323 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World) by Marc Van De Mieroop